This blog focuses on my experiences of dwelling, being, and thinking about the intersections between art, movement, labor, gender, race, ethics, politics, and education as I encounter these dimensions daily in New York City. I an the assistant editor at Column F, U.K.
My writing has appeared in Al Jazeera America, Hyperallergic, Bitch Magazine, PolicyMic, Jezebel, and The Gloss.
Carolina A. Drake
- Contributes to independent U.S. Latino media page: LatinoRebels.com. My writer’s profile here: http://www.latinorebels.com/author/carolinadrake/
- Contributes to human rights/feminist magazine; Bitch Magazine
- Contributes to Al Jazeera America’s News and Opinion Section.
- Appeared on Al Jazeera America’s “The Stream.”
- Edits the gender and sexuality column at Column F a liberal magazine based in U.K which showcases academic and new talent.
- Deep expertise in digital media and community-generated news, as digital producer and Assistant editor for Column F.
- Stonybrook University 2012 MA graduate, cum laude, in Philosophy and Latin American History .
- Columnist on U.S. Latino and women issues.
- Exceptional social media knowledge of Twitter ( @CarolinaADrake) and other outlets, particularly in LATAM.
- Retained by Latin American Radar startup, to consolidate and expand its social media presence in 2014.
- Won the 2014 NYU University Fellowship to participate in the Creative Writing in Spanish Program.
- Fluent Bilingual/Bicultural reporter (English/Spanish). Native of Argentina.
- Possesses 4+ years experience in teaching, educational development and advocacy for Latino students in US school systems.
Links to my published work:
Hyperallergic: Artists Battle Transphobia in Argentina
Bitch Media, Feature: On Social Media, Cubans Speak Up for Activism and Social Justice
Column F, (U.K) Mutant Patriarchy? Pro Feminist Men; A View From Latin America
Latino Rebels: Representing Women’s Roles in the Michoacan @autodefensas featured on Al-Jazeera’s The Stream show asking if legalization of Vigilante groups will help fight drug related violence.
Schön, fashion magazine: Latin American soccer trends and the performance of masculinity, in Argentina.
Latino immigration related issues for Black Girl Dangerous.